Really simple and delicious baked doughnuts with blueberries, they are light, soft, and you might even be able to say that they are healthy.
How Long Do Baked Donuts Last?
To be perfectly honest baked doughnut are best eaten the day you make them! However, they will still be good to eat for the next 2 days as long as they are in an air tight container. You also need to make sure the glaze is dry before stacking them or you will end up with a sticky mess! If they are starting to go a little stale you can always put them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Baked Blueberry Doughnuts with Lemon Glaze
- 150 g Self-raising flour
- 30 g Butter
- 40 g Caster sugar
- 100 g Milk
- 1 Egg
- 100 g Blueberries
- ½ Lemon, juice
- 5-6 tbsp Icing sugar, adjust for thickness of glaze
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 200°C fan.
- In a bowl, beat together the caster sugar and butter until light and pale.
- Add the egg and milk and beat until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- Pour in the blueberries, and fold until they are evenly distrubuted throughout the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the doughnuts mould, place in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
- While cooking, mix the lemon juice and icing sugar until it forms a thick glaze, you can adjust this by adding more icing sugar.
- Once baked, allow to cool in the mould before removing and place on a wired rack.
- Spoon over the lemon glaze before serving.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE RECIPE, PLEASE SIGN UP BELOW FOR FREE