These soft and chewy White Chocolate Cookies are infused with Tea and the Gang “The Romantic” strawberry & champagne tea and packed with white chocolate chunks.
Tea and the Gang’s strawberry champange white tea consists of Pai Mu Dan White Tea (30%), Apple pieces, Rosehip, Hibiscus, Elderflower, Freeze-dried Strawberries, Orange Blossom, Lime Leaves, Natural Flavouring.
The butter is first melted and infused with the strawberry & champagne tea bags. Before straining the tea out and squeezing as much liquid from the tea leaves.
The tea infused butter is then beaten with the sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until smooth. Then add the egg and the egg yolk until smooth and a runny caramel like texture is formed.
Strawberry & Champagne Tea Infused White Chocolate Cookies
- 170 g Butter
- 3 The Romantic Tea Bags, Tea and the Gang
- 100 g Light brown sugar
- 90 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 250 g Plain flour
- 1½ tsp Baking powder
- 150 g White chocolate chunk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- In a pan melt the butter on a low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and add the tea bags. Allow the tea bags to steep in the butter for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the tea bags straining out all of the liquid they absorbed.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the melt infused butter with both of the sugars and vanilla extract.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk and continue to beat until the mixture forms a smooth thick liquid with a similar consistency to caramel.
- Turn the mixer setting down to low. Add in the flour and baking powder and mix until there is no flour streaks.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks and place in a sealed container. Place in the fridge for the mixture to harden, approximately 30 minutes, this will prevent them spreading everwhere when they are baked.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C fan / 190°C.
- Place a golf ball size piece of cookie dough on a baking tray lined with baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on the tray before moving to a wired rack to cool fully.
To join Clayton’s Cookbook for free sign up below: