A delicious sweet pastry cases with a creamy ricotta filling, vibrant sunshine and red cherry tomatoes, finished with a sprig of basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 150g cold butter
- 30g ground almonds
- 95g icing sugar
- 60g eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
Fillings & Toppings:
- 6 sunrise tomatoes
- 6 red cherry tomatoes
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- basil leaves to garnish
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Mix the ground almond, icing sugar and the vanilla bean paste.
- Grate in the butter, whilst mixing in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Then combine in the egg and continue to whisk until all combined.
- Add in the flour and whisk for another 10 seconds on a slow speed until it starts to form together.
- When it starts to clump together, pat together with your hands into a ball, clingfilm tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Then allow to warm slightly at room for 30 mins.
- Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin and cut out using the perforated cutter.
- Reroll the remaining pastry, and slice 2mm lines of pastry and press in to the mould.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before placing in an oven at 160°C for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, black pepper and honey.
- Place into a pipping bag and pipe in to the bottom of the tart cases.
- Slice the tomatoes and layer them on top of the ricotta cheese.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve & enjoy!