Beautiful dark chocolate torte which is dense, rich and the perfect pudding for chocolate lovers.
- 240g butter
- 260g dark chocolate
- 240g caster sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 1tsp salt
- Icing Sugar to decorate
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until it forms thick ribbons.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture a little bit at a time until it is all combined.
- Then fold in the flour, ground almond and the salt.
- Then pour the mixture into a 9 inch springform tin which is lined with baking parchment.
- Bake tin the oven at 180ºC or 160ºC fan for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked allow to cool in the tins then decorate with icing sugar.