I have recently been experimenting with different raw materials to make really simple cakes. This lemon curd loaf only contains melted ice cream, self-raising flour and lemon curd.
Steps to make the Cake
Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a bread loaf pan and set aside.
Stir the ice cream until it has melted and is smooth. In a large bowl, combine the smooth ice cream, and the self-rising flour. Do not over mix as this will lead to a close crumb texture.
Add in half of the lemon curd and fold it through the batter. Then add the rest into the top of the batter and swirl through. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
3 Ingredient Lemon Curd Loaf
- 300 g Lemon curd
- 500 g Good quality vanilla ice cream, melted
- 275 g Self raising flour
- Put the vanilla ice cream in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt until it is a liquid.
- Add in 150g of the lemon curd and mix until it is distributed throughout the mixture.
- Sieve in the self raising flour and fold into the mixture
- Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin and swirl the remaining lemon curd through the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until it is golden on top and a cocktail stick comes out clean.