I think it is very hard to make a cake more calorific than this one. A chocolate sponge with a dark chocolate ganache, topped with another chocolate sponge and another layer of chocolate ganache, topped with chocolate brownies and drizzled in a homemade salted caramel!!
The Salted caramel recipe and brownie recipe can be found on my website already. I just used this salted caramel recipe for the cake. I used my Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownie recipe to go on top however I remove the salted caramel as it is going to be drizzled on it anyway!
Chocolate, Salted Caramel & Brownie Cake
- 250 g Self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 220 g Caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Golden syrup
- 3 Eggs
- 220 ml Sunflower oil
- 220 ml Whole milk
Topping and Filling
- 100 g Salted caramel
- Tray of Chocolate brownies
- 400 g Dark chocolate
- 200 ml Double cream
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan. Line the base of two 18cm cake tins.
- Sieve the self-raising flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add the caster sugar and mix well.
- Add the golden syrup, the eggs, sunflower oil and whole milk to the bowl. Beat well with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Split the mixture between the 2 tins and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, leave to cool for 10 mins before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool fully
- To make the chocolate ganache, heat the cream in a pan to just before boiling . Then pour over the finely chopped chocolate. Allow the cream to sit on top of the chocolate for a minutes before stiring it all together. Then leave the bowl on the side to cool which will thicken the texture.
- Neaten the edge of the chocolate cake, then apply a layer of chocolate ganache followed by a drizzle of salted caramel. Add the second cake and apple another layer of chocolate ganache, then top with with chocolate brownies followed by a drizzle of salted caramel.
if you want to see more recipes sign up below: