These beetroot brownie are slightly healthy brownies! Beetroot and dark chocolate is a combination made in heaven and full of Iron and Folic acid.
- 500g Beetroots
- 100g Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Plain Flour
- 25g Cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven at 180Â°C
- To make individual brownies place them in a separate mould or in a brownie tin and cut once done.
- Peel and dice up the beetroot and place in a bowl covered with clingfilm.
- Place in the microwave on full for 10 min or until soft.
- Once soft place in a food processor and blend until a smooth liquid.
- Set aside the beetroot and allow for it to cool in the food processor.
- Melt the chocolate, butter in a bowl over boiling water and then add it in to the beetroot mix and blend.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve and set aside
- In a separate bowl whip the egg and sugar together until foamy.
- Spoon the beetroot mixture in to the egg mixture and fold in one spoon at a time until fully mixed
- Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and fold it in to the batter.
- Pour in to the the tin and cook for 25 minutes, so it is still dense and gooey inside.
- Serve and Enjoy!