Chocolate, cherry and cream is a perfect combination. This dessert merges the black forest gateau withe the classic pavlova.
- 6 egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 500ml double cream
- 200g mascarpone
- 500g frozen cheeries
- 100g caster sugar
- 75g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 130Â°C fan/ 150Â°C.
- Whisk then egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add in the caster sugar whilst continuing to whisk.
- Then add in the cornstarch, white wine vinegar and vanilla bean paste.
- Scoop out the meringue onto two silcon mats in 9 inch circles.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour, then open the door at a jar and allow to cool in the oven.
- To make the cherry compote, on a medium heat boil the cherries and sugar together, then turn down to a simmer and allow to thicken until it reaches a thick syrup. Then place in a bowl to cool.
- Whip the cream up to soft peak and then combine with the mascarpone and continue to whip until it form firm peak consistency.
- Once meringues have cooled, place them one of them on a plate followed by a layer of cream, half of the cherry compote and 30g of grated dark chocolate. place the other meringue on top and repeat the process.
- Serve & enjoy!