A really quick and simple dessert which is packed full of citrus flavours and topped with a sweet and tangy blueberry sauce.
The filling is made from whipping together the mascarpone cheese, lime curd, icing sugar, the juice of Â½ a lime and zest and double cream until it forms a smooth cream.
These tarts literally take 30 minutes to make and are a perfect fresh and clean dessert. I have made them as individual pastry tart but to make the prep time quicker you could do it as one massive tart.
Blueberry, Lime & Mascarpone Tarts
- 500 g Ready-made puff pastry
- 1 Egg
Lime Mascarpone Filling
- 1 Lime Juice & Zest
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 250 g Mascarpone cheese
- 100 ml Double cream
- 200 g Lime curd
- 200 g Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven 180Â°C fan / 200Â°C / gas mark 6.
- Roll the pastry out to a thickness of 3mm and divided into 6 pastry rectangles.
- Score an inner rectangle about 1 cm in on each of the pastry rectangles. With a fork pierce the inner rectangle to prevent the pastry from rising in the oven.
- Place the pastry rectangles onto a silicon mat.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and brush over the pastry rectangles.
- Place in the preheat oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, place the blueberries, juice of Â½ a lime, 2 tbsp water and the icing sugar.
- Cook the blueberries for 5-7 minutes until they start to soften and blueberry sauce is formed. Then place in a jug and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile to make the mascarpone cream. In a bowl, whip together the mascarpone cheese, lime curd, icing sugar and the juice of Â½ a lime and zest until it forms a smooth whipped cheese.
- Add in the double cream and continue to whisk until until it forms soft peaks.
- Remove the pastry cases from the oven and allow to cool on a wired rack.
- Once cooled, fill the mascarpone filling and top with the blueberry sauce.
- Remove the egg brush from the pastry.
- Switch out the mascarpone cheese with refrigerated coconut cream.
- Remove the double cream and add a small amount of Soya single cream.
If you want to see more recipes sign up below: