Carrot hot dogs are perfect vegan alternative which have a similar taste and can be topped with the toppings of your choice.
- 6 carrots, peeled and trimmed to look like a hot dog
- 6 finger buns
- 200ml soy sauce
- 30ml liquid smoke
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 30ml maple syrup
- 30ml tomato paste
- 400ml water
- Boil the carrots for around 10 minutes or until it forms a similar texture to a hot dog.
- Mix the other ingredients in Â bowl Â to form the marinade and pour it into a shallow dish.
- Remove the carrots and pierce with a cocktail stick so it absorbs more marinade.
- Place the carrots in the marinade and allow them to marinade for at least 2 hours but for best results overnight.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and place the carrots on top to heat up and to get grill marks. brush with extra marinade whilst they are cooking.
- Serve in finger buns with your condiments of choice!