A very simple roasted tomato and garlic pasta which is packed flavour
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 300g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 onion , diced
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 75ml passata
- 250ml vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200Â°C.
- Slice the garlic bulb in half and drizzle over olive oil and sea salt and place face down on a lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Once 10 minutes have gone toss in the halved cherry tomatoes and drizzle over more olive oil and sea salt.
- To make the fettuccine mix the 100g of plain flour and the egg in a bowl Â and knead together until smooth.
- Run the pasta through the pasta machine starting on the thickest size lowering to the thinnest.
- Place the thin pasta sheet through the fettuccine extension or cut the pasta into narrow strips.
- In a large pan put a splash of olive oil on a medium heat and add the diced onion cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable stock in to the pan and the passata. Bring to a simmer
- Add half of the cherry tomatoes and most of the roasted garlic. Then place the mixture in a food processor and blend until it is smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes. Once cooked drain the pasta and set aside.
- Place the drained pasta and tomato and garlic sauce into the frying pan and coat the pasta.
- Serve in a bowl with the rest of the roasted cherry tomato, roasted garlic andÂ sprinkle of black pepper.