A beautiful creamy caramel cheesecake topped with popcorn and a homemade salted caramel sauce.
- 250g Digestives biscuits
- 100g butter
- 130g soft dark brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter
- 250ml whole milk
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp of cold whole milk
- double cream 375ml
- 100g Popcorn kernels
- salted caramel sauce, recipe here
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- Crush the digestive biscuits to a small crumb, mix with the melted butter and press into a lined springform tin.
- In a pan melt the sugar and butter.
- Stir in the milk and add the salt and vanilla and then bring the mixture to the boil.
- Mix in the cornflour paste and whisk until it thickens.
- Scoop on to a baking tray and lay clingfilm on top so it doesn’t form a skin.
- Whisk the double cream until it forms soft peaks and fold the cream through the custard.
- Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- In a pan on a medium heat place 1tsp of rapeseed oil and the popcorn kernels.
- Cover with a lid cook until the popcorn kernels stop popping.
- Place the popcorn on top of the filling and drizzle the salted caramel over the top.
- Serve & enjoy!