An incredibly easy healthy cake with a lime caramel and a whipped coconut cream topping.
- 160g plain flour
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp honey
- 200ml coconut milk
- 300ml coconut cream, refrigerated
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 lime, peel
- Mix together throughly the desiccated coconut, plain flour, baking powder, honey and coconut milk.
- Place in a lined springformed tin and cook in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45-50 minutes. Once cooked leave on a cooling rack to cool.
- In a bowl whip the coconut cremate form firm peaks and then return to the fridge to set.
- In a saucepan heat 100g caster sugar, 25ml water and lime peel on a medium heat.
- When the lime peel has softened remove from the pan and leave on a cooling rack to dry out.
- Leave the sugar water on the hob and continue to heat until it turns a deep amber colour. Then remove from the heat and whisk in the coconut cream and pour in a jug and leave to cool and thicken.
- Toss the sticky lime peel in the remaining caster sugar to candy it.
- Spread the whipped coconut cream over the top of the cake and pour over the lime caramel.
- Decorate with the candied lime peel and serve.