This coffee mousse doesn’t just look the part it also tastes the part. It is rich and creamy with a strong coffee flavour and goes perfectly with a shortbread biscuit.
- 2 eggs
- 70g of golden caster sugar
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 40ml strong expresso
- 200ml whipping cream
- cocoa powder
- Place the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water to loosen.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks
- In another separate bowl, whip 100ml of whipping cream until they form soft peaks
- Remove the excess water from the gelatine leave and place over the hot expresso. Stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour the coffee in to the egg yolks and mix throughly.
- Add in the whipped cream and whip together until the mixture thickens slightly
- Fold in the egg whites and pour in to latte glasses.
- Place in the fridge to set for an hour
- In a bowl whip the 100ml whipping cream to form soft peaks.
- Pour over the mousse and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
- Serve with shortbread and enjoy!