These triple chocolate éclairs are long, puffy choux pastry buns stuffed with a chocolate custard and topped with two rich chocolate icing.
- 100g plain flour, sieved
- 70g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 160ml water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 egg, glazing
- 100g dark chocolate
- 80g egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 40g cornflour
- 400ml milk
- 150g dark chocolate
- 50g white chocolate
- Place the butter and water in to a pan and bring to the boil. Pour in the flour, salt and sugar and beat together with a spatula.
- Remove from the heat and continue to beat with a spatula until the dough starts pulling away from the edge.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture one at a time and make sure it is smooth before you add the next egg. Once all the eggs are added it will form a thick and shiny paste.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe long straight lines of around 15cm on a silicon mat.
- Glaze the lines with the raw beaten egg and place in a preheated oven at 200°C until they turn puffed and golden (this will take around 20-25 minutes). Then open the oven door and allow them to rest in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the silicon mat and place on cooling rack.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolk and sugar together.
- Add in the cornflour
- Pour the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil .
- Add the milk slowly to the egg yolk mixture. Then pour the mixture back in the pan and continue to whisk constantly until the mixture thickens to your desired texture.
- In a separate bowl melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water and once melted combine into the custard mixture.
- Pour the custard into a clingfilm lined backing tin to cool quickly.
- Then scoop into a piping bag ready to pipe in to the choux pastry.
- Pierce three wholes in the bottom of the choux pastry with the piping nozzle and fill the pastry with the chocolate filling.
- In two seperate bowl melt the dark and white chocolate.
- Dip the top of the eclairs into the dark chocolate and set in the fridge to set.
- Pour the white chocolate in to a piping bag and once the dark chocolate has set and drizzle over the top of the eclairs.
- Serve & Enjoy!