A Creamy rich avocado sauce with a touch of lemon on homemade pasta.
- 100g Plain flour
- 50g water
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Juice of a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To make the pasta mix the 100g of plain flour and the water in a bowl Â and knead together until smooth.
- Roll the pasta dough into a long tube and cut into small piece and using the flat edge of the knife press the small piece of pasta down the gnocchi ridger. Repeat this process with each piece of pasta dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes until al dente. Once cooked drain the pasta and place back in its pot.
- While the pasta is cooking in a food processor place the basil until it forms a puree. Then add the lemon juice, oil, avocado. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit more oil to loosen it. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the avocado sauce in small pan and add the cooked drained pasta.
- Once heated up serve with toasted sourdough and a slice of lemon.