Crispy and slightly salty halloumi fries with a zesty fresh avocado dip.
- 450g Halloumi, sliced into fingers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g semolina
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Olive oil for the dip
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- Salt + pepper
- Fresh corriander
- Fresh chilli for garnish
- Toss the halloumi in the egg followed by the semolina.
- In a food processor add the avocado, lime, coriander and season with salt & pepper.
- Whizz up until it form to thick paste.
- Pour 2cm of oil in the bottom of the frying pan on a medium heat
- Fry the halloumi for a minute on each side or until golden.
- Serve piled up on a board or a plate, dollop the sauce over the top and in a small bowl for dipping.