Chocolate Chip Ginger Cookies, a deliciously soft and chewy ginger cookies that are loaded with chocolate chunks!
I absolutely love soft and chewy cookies, especially when they are full of crystallised ginger and chocolate chunks. These are seriously the best chewy ginger cookies!
DARK CHOCOLATE GINGER COOKIES
This is another quick and easy cookie recipe. It takes no time at all and can be done from start to finish in under 30 minutes. Simply cream together the butter and sugars, add in the egg, sift in the flour and salt before adding in the dark chocolate and ginger. Roll the dough into balls, place them on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
First thing you need to do is cream together the softened butter with the caster sugar and light brown sugar.
Add in the egg and beat until the mixture softens.
Sift in the self-raising flour and salt. Combine to make a cookie dough texture.
Add in the dark chocolate and crystallised ginger.
Take ping pong size balls of the mixture and place on a baking tray with a silicon mat.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, before allowing to cool on the baking tray before moving them to a wired rack.
Dark Chocolate & Ginger Cookies
- 125 g Butter, softened
- 100 g Soft brown sugar
- 125 g Caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 225 g Self-raising flour
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 100 g Dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 80 g Crystalised ginger, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, and line 2 baking trays with silicon mats
- Cream together the softened butter and both sugars with a wooden spoon, until pale and creamy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Sift in the salt and self-raising flour and mix until it makes a cookie dough texture.
- Add in the chocolate and crystalised ginger and incorporate until it is evenly distrubuted.
- Scoop ping pong balls size piece onto the silicon mat leaving room for them to spread. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Once baked, allow to cool on the tray before removing to cool fully on a wired rack.
Sign up below for more recipes: