As a coconut lover, when I was a child this was the coconut macaroon recipe my Mum used â€” These used to be my favourite sweet snack as a kid. They are chewy and moist on the inside, crisp and golden on the outside, theyâ€™re delicious with no topping but even more irresistible drizzled in dark chocolate.
- 2 Egg whites
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 1 Â¼ tbsp Cornflour
- 180 g Desiccated coconut
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 160Â°C and line 2 baking trays.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add in the sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Fold in the cornflour and desiccated coconut with a large spoon.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag with a large nozzle.
- Pipe tablespoon size pieces onto the lined baking tray leaving a gap of 5cm between each of them.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the macaroons are golden.
- Allow to cool before drizzling with melted chocolate.
Sign up below for more recipes: