This focaccia recipe is easy to make and can be easily adapted with a range of different toppings.
- 520g Bread flour
- 8g dried yeast
- handful red and yellow cherry tomatoes on the vine
- handful of rosemary
- Â 2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch ofÂ sea salt
- In a jug mix 350ml of luke warm water with the 8g of dried yeast to active it.
- In a big mixing bowl, place in the bread flour. Gradually pour in the luke warm water whilst mixing it with your other hand.
- Once all the water is added bring the dough together. If the dough is a bit too sticky add a little flour.
- Bring the dough out of the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Then place the dough in a clean slightly oiled bowl, place a tea towel over the top and allow it to prove for one hour in a proving draw or warm place.
- After proving, knock the dough back and shape into curved rectangle.
- With four fingers make imprints into the bread.
- Then place a tea towel over the top and allow to prove for another 30-40 minutes.
- In the imprints place the sprig of rosemary leaves, red cherry tomato and yellow cherry tomato on their vines.
- Sprinkle over dried chilli flakes smoked paprika, sea salt and drizzle over olive oil.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes.
- Slice in to pieces, serve and enjoy!