Hidden on In-N-Out Burger’s “secret menu” is a burger called the 4 x 4. That’s right an In-N-Out 4×4 includes 4 burgers & 4 slices of cheese! This is my take on the 4×4 burger with blended bacon in the patties and their special sauce.
This 4 x 4 made up of four beef patties incorporated with blended bacon rashers, hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, special sauce, four slices of cheddar cheese, onions, stacked high in a brioche bun.
Most people won’t be able to finish this burger, let alone open their mouth wide enough to take a bite, but we won’t blame you for trying though! Burgers don’t really come bigger than this!
In-N-Out 4×4 Burger
- 625 g 20% beef mince
- 5 Bacon rashers
- 2 tsp Mustard
- 8 Cheddar cheese slices
- 1 Beef tomato, finely sliced
- Handful of lettuce leaves
- 1 White onion, finely sliced
- 2 Brioche buns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g Gherkins, diced
- 50 g Mayonnaise
- 25 g Tomato ketchup
- 15 g Mustard
- In a mini chopper blend the bacon rashers until it is minced.
- Add the minced bacon to the minced beef and the mustard, season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the meat into 100g balls. It should make at least 8 burgers.
- Place the rolled meat in the fridge to rest while you make the sauce
- In a bowl to make the sauce, mix the mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise and diced gherkins.
- Heat up a cast iron pan with a drizzle of oil. Remove the burgers from the fridge. Place the meat in the pan and press down with a spatula. As the are thin burgers they will take a minute to cook on each side. After you have turned over the burger place the cheese on top.
- Toast the bun. Spread some sauce on the bottom followed by the lettuce and tomato. place on the 4 burger patties followed by the finely slice onions and top with more sauce.