Incredibly easy vegan millionaire’s shortbread which only contains 6 ingredients.
- 100g Stork block
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g plain flour
- 300g dates
- 250g Bournville chocolate
- Pecan nuts for decoration
Makes 6 large or 12 smallÂ portions
Preheat the oven to 180Â°C. Line a 7in square cake tin with baking parchment.
Combine the Stork spread and sugar together.
Add in the flour and mix with your hand until it forms a breadcrumb like texture.
Tip the mixture into the lined individual tin and spread it out evenly. Then press the shortbread down with your fingers so that it is tightly packed.
Bake the shortbread for 20 minutes or until very light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, whizz up the dates until they form a sticky caramel. you may need to add a little water to loosen the mixture.
- Spread the date caramel over the shortbread bases.
- In a bowl over boiling water melt the chocolate, then pour it over the caramel topping.
- Place a pecan nut in the middle of the millionaire shortbread and place back in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Serve and enjoy!