You’ll love these delicious cheesecake brownies with a rich, fudgy chocolate base and a light, perfectly sweet cheesecake topping swirled with chocolate. The slight tang of cream cheese really compliments that chocolate flavour and makes for a balanced bite.
DO I NEED TO REFRIGERATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES?
Yes I would definetly keep them in a fridge itâ€™s always better to be safe than sorry. They will keep for up to four days in the fridge or 2 months in the freezer.
These brownies are literally the fudgiest brownies ever! The rich sweet and sticky brownies goes perfectly with the tangy and tart cheesecake topping with whirls of more brownie.
DO I NEED A BAKING SHEET TO MAKE THE BROWNIES IN?
You can use a larger baking sheet, all you need to remember if you use a smaller one if will take longer to cook. Always remember to put down parchment paper or the brownies will stick.
Donâ€™t over-bake your brownies. Brownies are so much better when they are slightly underdone. Nobody want a dry cake brownie. brownies will not have springy center and a skewer inserted into the center will not come out clean so you just got to trust your judgment for when to take the brownies out the oven. Your brownies are done when the center is set and you see the cheesecake on the edges puff up a it just begin to crack.
This recipe is based of Preppy Kitchen cheesecake brownie recipe however i have tweak it a bit to get the fudgiest brownies and I have added sour cream to the cheesecake mix.
- 225 g Butter, melted
- 220 g Dark chocolate
- 75 g Cocoa powder
- 200 g Caster sugar
- 200 g Brown sugar
- 30 ml Shot of expresso
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 130 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 450 g Cream cheese, room temperture
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 2 Egg
- Â½ tsp Salt
- 50 g Sour cream
- Melt the butter and plain chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir together until smooth.
- Add in the cocoa powder and salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in both of the sugars, then add in the eggs, egg yolk and coffee, mix until smooth.
- Sieve in the flour and fold the mixture until there is no white streaks left.
- Pour the brownie batter in the baking sheet and spread to the corners. Leave 4-5 tbsp behind for the chocolate swirls.
- Mix the room temperature cream cheese and sour cream in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until smooth.
- Reduce the speed and add in the sugar, salt and the eggs
- Add the cheesecake mixture to the brownie base, and swirl in the remaining brownie mixture with a tooth pick.
- Bake in a preheat oven at 170Â°C for 45 minutes. All to cool fully in the tin once baked before removing and slicing.
If you want to see more recipe sign up below for free: