A super simple banana loaf recipe, perfect for those over ripe bananas. When you start turning your noses up at bananas once they have gone a little over-ripe, this is the perfect recipe to use them up, to make a perfect banana loaf.
EVERYTHING YOUâ€™LL NEED FOR THE EASIEST BANANA LOAF
- Caster sugar
- An egg
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
This banana bread recipe is one of the best reasons to start baking. It’s a really simple tea time classic treat that is as tasty when fresh and hot out the oven or a couple of day later toasted with some butter. The key to a successful loaf is very ripe bananas, the riper they are the better the banana bread you will make! This recipe adds no spices, but you can easily spice it up (excuse the pun) with a teaspoon of cinnamon, mixed spice or even add chocolate chips or chocolate chunks?
Easiest Banana Loaf
- Loaf Tin
- Blender (optional)
- 75 g Margarine
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Medium bananas
- 150 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Â½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 160Â°C fan/ 180Â°C. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar until fluffy and pale.
- In a blender, pulse together the egg and bananas until if forms a smooth liquid.
- Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture and combine together.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour into the loaf tin, bake in the oven for 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin before moving to a wired rack to cool fully.
If you like this recipe, why not try my White Chocolate & Blueberry Loaf with a whipped cream cheese frosting. Also sign up below if you want to see more recipes!