Seasoned beef mince, homemade cheddar cheese sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and a crunchy layer of nachos, all served in the pan toasted tortilla wrap, these are the Crunchwrap rules.
Let’s start with the beef filling: All you need is lean ground beef and some smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper for the seasoning. These crunch wraps are full of beef with 125g in each wrap. Brown up the beef, cook it with the taco seasoning, drain any excess oil (if there is any), and you’re all ready to start filling. If you want, you could use Quorn mince to make the recipe vegetarian.
Next comes the cheese sauce. I know normally it a nacho cheese sauce, however this is a British version of the recipe and to be honest I think it is better with a thick cheddar cheese sauce. The cheese sauce acts like a glue so that it’s easier to scoop the beef for assembly, and it ensures that every bite of beef has cheesy sauce on it.
Crunchwraps are best assembled and eaten straight from the pan, however you could prep everything a day in advance meaning you only have to reheat it. That way, a Crunchwrap will only take a few minute to make when you start to get hungry.
Homemade Taco Bell Crunch Wrap
- 500 g 10% minced beef
- 2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 Large tomatoes, diced
- ½ Head of lettuce, shredded
- 150 ml Soured cream
- 250 g Nachos
- 6 Tortilla wraps
Cheddar Cheese sauce
- 30 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 125 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 ml Milk
- Place the minced beef in a frying pan on a medium heat. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika, cumin, salt and black pepper. Cook until the mince is browned and then leave to a side.
- To make the cheese sauce, in a saucepan melt the butter. Once melted, add the plain flour and whisk until it forms a paste. Cook the paste out for a few minutes, then start to add the milk gradually whlist continuing to whisk. Finally add in the cheese and whisk until it is fully melted and incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the wraps with a couple of spoonfuls of minced beef, followed by the cheese sauce, then put a layer of nachos, spread the soured cream on top of it and top with the tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cut another wrap into quarter and place it on top and tightly fold the edges of the large tortilla toward the centre, creating pleats. Invert the wrap and place into a slightly oiled pan on a medium heat. Cook the wrap for a couple of minutes on each side until golden.
If you want to see more recipes sign up below for free: