These sweetcorn fritters go so well with the salty and sweet maple smoked bacon. It is the perfect match and makes one amazing breakfast!
EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED FOR THESE SWEETCORN FRITTERS WITH MAPLE SMOKED BACON
- Canned sweetcorn
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Whole milk
- An Egg
- Smoked paprika
- Vegetable oil
- Rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- Maple syrup
I recommend when it comes to bacon, don’t go for a cheap cut, it is better the get a dry-aged bacon as it will make a massive difference to the overall flavour. The Jolly hog do a really lovely Oak & Beech Smoked Dry Cure Streaky Bacon.
Sweetcorn Fritters with Maple Smoked Bacon
- 120 g Canned sweetcorn
- 30 g Plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 70 ml Whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 6 Rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- 3-4 tbsp Maple syrup
- Place all of the sweetcorn in a food processor and blitz until the sweetcorn has broken down. Add in the flour, smoked paprika and baking powder and continue to blitz. Then add the milk and egg yolks and continue to blitz.
- In a bowl whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks, fold the egg whites into the sweetcorn batter mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add in the vegetable oil. Add 2 spoonfuls of the batter to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile place the bacon under a hot grill until crispy brush on 1 tbsp of the maple syrup over the bacon as it cooks.
- Serve the maple bacon with the pancakes and finish off with more maple syrup.
IF YOU LOVED THIS SWEETCORN FRITTER RECIPE AND WANT TO SEE MORE, WHY NOT JOIN THE CLAYTON’S COOKBOOK CLUB FOR FREE!